17 Oct 2011

winter warmers

It's my first day off in seven days, and I'm ill. Blergh. So I've wrapped up in knitted tights and a cosy cardi today in a last ditch attempt to get this cold out of my system. I don't know about any of you, but when I'm feeling rubbish, I find the best thing to do is dress a little girly - makes me feel that little bit less gross when I'm all sniffly. This one (below) is a new favourite of mine. I bought this old Topshop dress from a thrift store for £5, and worked a little magic on it. Cue shortened hemline and cute ribboned belt to add a girly edge.
Black Dress, Topshop (bought at a thrift store for £5)
Shortened hem, and customised with ribbon belt detailing
Red Lentil, Chickpea, and Chilli Soup, Recipe avail. at bbcgoodfood.com
Perfect for cold, horrible days - the warming chilli is great for that dreadful winter cold
Chocolate Brogue Boots, Topshop £38
I'll be purchasing these very shortly in a bid to get ready for the winter.
Grey Cable Socks, ASOS £7.50
I'm gonna get stocking up on these. Perfect over tights, under jeans, or with cute winter boots.
Versatile to the max.

1 comment: