4 May 2011

FAKE IT

PRODUCT: Collection 2000's Big Fake False Lash Effect Mascara, £4.99


So I was out shopping with one of my housemates yesterday and she picked up this, which she says she SWEARS BY. Being a big believer in 'you get what you pay for', and a major Benefit Bad Gal mascara addict, I was clearly intrigued by my housemates clear enthusiasm for such a low-priced product that, she claims, really does give her a 'False Lash Effect'.
I inspected the product's tester, and really was impressed by the size, and width of the brush inside (two of my obligatory test factors when choosing a mascara). So I bought it, hoping it might be the miracle product that would save me approx. £10 compared to the usual £15.50 I spend. I chose their Brown Black colour, instead of my usual Ultra Black, as I fancied a colour I could wear more casually that didn't look too OTT with my blonde hair. And here are the results:


This is the effect I got after one coat. As you can see it gave an instant effect and gave my lashes loads of volume. 

With two coats it did start to clump slightly, but in all honesty I think just one layer worked so well that i don't think a second layer is needed at all. 

With regards to length, I didn't see much of a change personally. As you can see I have quite long lashes anyways, so it doesn't affect me too much, but if you have shorter ones, and are looking to lengthen them, I wouldn't suggest using this mascara.




The colour isn't too far different from plain black mascaras, just giving a more natural feel, and the packaging definitely seems to be trying to pull off the Benefit 'look' (notice the black-on-pink and big bold type). But all-in-all, I'm impressed.
Great value for money, and a really quick and easy way to give your lashes a volume boost.
Hope you're all having a good week :)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment